(Phys.org) —A mysterious illness is killing starfish, or sea stars, on both U.S. coasts in unprecedented numbers, and marine scientists have no idea what it is or how to help the creatures survive. In a News Focus article published in the journal Science, Erik Stokstad describes the symptoms of the illness and the efforts that are underway to learn more about what is causing it, and more importantly, to figure out if there is something we humans can do to help starfish survive.
- Is this the world’s oldest secret code?
- Bee, scorpion and snake venom may hold cancer cure – CNN.com
- The Mysterious Blue Holes of the Bahamas | Mysterious Universe
- Neanderthals were not less intelligent than modern humans, scientists find | Science | The Guardian
- What is our crime that separates us from God?