I have maintained for some time that this is the most likely scenario for any kind of ‘disaster’ we may have in our near future. Our dependance on our electronic devices has made us extremely vulnerable to this type of event. Just imagine if you awoke one morning to find that nothing that worked on electricity was functioning anymore. No phone, tv, internet, water, light, heat, food or anything. It would not take long for things to devolve. Think about this: if the giant transformers we use on our power grid (there are about a dozen or so nationwide) were to be damaged in an event like this, we don’t even make them. They are made in China. With a waiting period of over a YEAR from order to delivery. Could really suck. Could be the best thing that ever happened to humanity.
- Is this the world’s oldest secret code?
- Bee, scorpion and snake venom may hold cancer cure – CNN.com
- The Mysterious Blue Holes of the Bahamas | Mysterious Universe
- Neanderthals were not less intelligent than modern humans, scientists find | Science | The Guardian
- What is our crime that separates us from God?